Are you looking into how you can start selling lead generation services? We’ve created a guide to help you get started with generating leads and selling them to your clients with Wavo.
First, let’s look into why you should be offering lead generation services to your clients.
Why you should consider selling leads
A lead generation service can be an excellent addition to your service offering. It can help you:
● Differentiate your agency – In a world full of SEO and PPC agencies, offering lead generation services will help your agency stand out.
● Improve customer retention – Generating leads for your clients will have an almost instant impact on their bottom line, ensuring that they’ll stay with your agency for a long time.
● Expand your pool of prospects – Since all businesses need leads, providing a lead generation service will help you target a wide variety of companies that need your services.
● Create a recurring revenue stream – A lead generation service is an excellent way to build recurring revenue for your agency since satisfied clients will keep purchasing leads from you every month.
How to price your services
How much you’ll be able to charge for lead generation depends on your clients’ industry. Financial services leads are valued differently from web hosting leads, which in turn are valued differently from SaaS leads. In general, the three main pricing models that you’ll need to decide between include:
● Pricing per contact – You can charge clients for each contact reached. Depending on the industry, you can charge anywhere between $1.5 to $5 for every contact you reach.
● Pricing per warm lead – Another way to price your lead generation service is to charge for each warm lead that you generate for your clients. Most companies that use this model charge between $50 and $200 per warm lead.
● Hybrid pricing – You can also opt for charging a fixed per-lead rate along with a 10 to 25 percent commission on every generated sale.
How to generate and sell cold email leads with Wavo
We’ve prepared a step-by-step guide to help you get started with selling leads. First, let’s talk about how to pitch your new lead generation service to your clients.
Pitch lead generation to clients
Clients might not be open to a lead generation service from the start because it might seem unfamiliar or risky to them. You’ll need to educate them on how lead generation works and how it can benefit their business. You should focus on the following features of lead generation:
● Instant results – Lead generation can provide results within a single day. Let your clients know how quickly you can generate leads for them, and they’ll be thrilled to use your service.
● Hands-off – Explain that your service requires very little input from the client and that you’ll be able to generate results without taking too much of their time.
● Transparent process and results – Make transparency one of your main selling points. Being completely transparent about your process, pricing, and the results you can generate will help to develop a trusting relationship with your clients.
● Excellent ROI – Email lead generation is one of the most cost-effective ways of generating leads for businesses. Make sure to demonstrate this to your clients by demonstrating the math behind the process with the help of captivating visuals in the form of infographics, videos, or presentations.
Acquire contact list
After you’ve agreed on generating leads for a client, you’ll need to acquire a contact list. There are many different ways that you can acquire contacts for cold email lead generation. Here’s a list of services that can help you:
Clearbit Connect – An extension for Gmail and Outlook, Clearbit Connect can help you find email contacts at any company. You can search for contacts by name, title, and job role. Clearbit Connect also allows you to find out more information about your leads, including their location and social media profile links.
Hunter.io – You can use Hunter.io to search email addresses by domain. Hunter’s Domain Search allows you to list email addresses of all people working at a specific company. Its advanced filtering features can help you extract just the contacts you need for every campaign. Hunter.io will also verify all the email addresses for you so that you can be certain that your emails won’t bounce.
BuiltWith – BuiltWith allows you to build lists of websites built on a specific technology (e.g., Wordpress or Shopify) as well as categorize the websites by industry. Along with websites, BuiltWith will also provide you with contact details for each website, including phone numbers and email addresses.
Wavo – We offer custom contact lists containing email contact information based on specified location, industry, or role. You can find more details about our data packages here.
Acquire and warm up email account
You’ll need to ask your client to provide you with an email account that you’ll use to reach out to contacts. However, you can’t just start sending hundreds of emails from a single email address on day 1.
You’ll want to warm up your email address before starting your campaign. To warm up your account, start by sending just a few messages every day, and then slowly start increasing your send rate over the next couple of weeks.
Create a new client
Once you get an email account from the client, you’ll need to log into your Wavo account and create a new client. If you don’t have a Wavo account yet, you can create one here.
In the Wavo dashboard, click on the Clients link in the main menu.
On the next screen, click on Add Client.
Enter the client’s name and the number of email accounts you’d like to assign to the client. Click on Submit.
Add an email account for your client
Now that you’ve created a new client inside Wavo, you’ll want to add an email account for them. Click on EmailAccounts in the main menu. On the next screen, click on Add Email Account.
Enter the email address, and the first and last name you’d like to use with the account. Finally, choose the client and the server type for your email connection. Depending on the email server you use, you might need to enter some additional information, such as your password or IMAP details.
Create a new campaign
Once you’ve added an email account for your client, it’s time to create the campaign. Click the Campaigns link in the main menu. On the next screen, click on Create Campaign.
Enter a name for your campaign, choose a client, and click on Create.
Next, you’ll be presented with the Campaign Details screen. Now it’s time to add contacts to your campaign. Click on the Contacts link below the main menu.
On the next screen, you have the option to add a single contact or upload a CSV containing a list of contacts.
Create an email sequence
Once you’ve added your contacts, click on Email Sequence on the Campaign Details screen.
Click on Add Sequence Step and then on Add Email Version to create your first email. Click on Edit to edit the email copy.
Craft email copy
Now it’s time to write the email copy for your campaign. The elements you’ll want to focus on include:
Subject line – This will be the first thing prospects will notice about your email so make sure to pay special attention to getting it right. In most cases, you should try to keep your subject line fairly short (5 to 6 words) and personalize it for each recipient.
Body – The main part of the email. Try to say everything you need within 4 to 5 sentences. Anything longer than that and prospects won’t bother reading your entire email.
CTA – The most important part of your email copy, the CTA (call-to-action) serves to let the prospect know what you want them to do once they finish reading the email. Decide on a single action that you want your prospects to complete and clearly ask them to do it.
Wavo also allows you to use merge fields such as FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, or COMPANY to personalize your email copy. These fields can be automatically populated with data imported from your .CSV file.
By default, Wavo sends emails between 9 AM and 5 PM. You can also set a custom delivery window.
Once you’re done editing the email, simply click on the X at the top. Wavo will automatically save your email.
Repeat this process until you add all the emails for your sequence.
Start generating leads
Once you’re ready, go to the Campaign Details page and click on Start to start your campaign.
Wavo will now start sending your emails. You can view all the replies and new leads on the Inbox page.
Make sure to research the client’s competition and market extensively. This will allow you to show your client that you understand their specific market and needs as well as that you’re willing to go the extra mile for them and do extensive research even before signing a contract.
Rinse & repeat
That’s it! You’ve successfully started generating leads for your client. Now work on signing new clients and repeat the entire process to generate more recurring revenue for your business.
Start selling cold email leads with Wavo
Cold email lead generation is an easy way to create a recurring revenue stream for your agency. You can get started in less than 30 minutes. It’s simple, just create a Wavo account and start building your first lead generation campaign today!